There were several things this week that I learned about clinical trials and drug development, as well as how to take this knowledge and impress future businesses I apply to with terminology I've learned. The biggest thing career wise I learned this week is to really stay current with what's happening within the pharmaceutical world. This mean reading articles, even subscribing to pharmaceutical magazines. This also means getting to know the companies I plan to apply too. Knowing about the culture of a company is very important, because it directs how they do business. Dr. Priefer acknowledged that if you can throw out some terms when on an interview such as LD50, the amount of an ingested substance that kills 50 percent of a test sample, for example, this already puts you ahead of the other applicants because its shows you understand the drug development process and a general knowledge of how things work; even if you know just the basics. So that takes care of the caree...
Comments
Post a Comment